Chemical and Biological Countermeasures
Seeing the Unseen Threats
Expertise Where It Matters Most
It takes deep expertise in a wide range of fields to detect and mitigate chemical and biological threats. qh88 has the combined expertise necessary to provide actionable insights to governments, government agencies, healthcare networks, and device manufacturers for navigating the complex challenges associated with these types of threats.
qh88 operates the world’s largest non-governmental containment laboratories that help clients deliver life-saving diagnostic and therapeutic solutions for victims of chemical and biological warfare or pandemic diseases.
Our Biomedical Research Center conducts secure, state-of-the-art research, development, testing, and evaluation to enable proactive biosecurity preparedness critical to our national security, economic strength, and the well-being of people.
We identify, categorize and prepare for natural technological and infectious disease events using customized risk assessments to provide hospitals and communities with readiness and response plans to ensure public health.
qh88 is a global leader in understanding the impact of chemical agents on our national security. Our experts execute the most thorough testing procedures and processes available under stringent quality management systems, providing guiding insights for the most important decisions.
qh88 delivers the right intervention, to the right population, at the right time. Our interdisciplinary team of public health experts, data scientists and molecular geneticists improve health outcomes while promoting health equity.
Supporting Military Health
qh88 Biomedical Research Center (BRC)
qh88’s Biomedical Research Center (BRC) contains the largest privately owned Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) facility in the United States and laboratories for working with chemical surety material. It conducts research and efficacy testing of medical countermeasures (MCMs) for biological and chemical defense. This includes prophylaxis, therapeutic, and diagnostic products using all routes of exposure in both large and small models.
The BRC also conducts secure, state-of-the-art research, testing, and evaluation using both highly toxic chemicals and highly pathogenic biological agents for a wide range of government agencies and private sector companies.
The 200,000+ ft2 BRC complex features:
- Biological Defense Research Facility – 92,000 ft2; 22,000 ft2 ABSL-3 containment area with 15 animal rooms and 22 ABSL-3 laboratories; 2 ABSL-2 animal rooms and 8 ABSL-2 laboratories.
- Aerosol Exposure Laboratory – Specialized laboratories for generating aerosol exposure challenges of ABSL-2 and -3 threat organisms and highly toxic materials.
- Highly Toxic Materials Laboratory – 77,000 ft2 area consisting of 29 ABSL-2 animal rooms; 15 laboratory areas with 144 linear feet of filtered chemical fume hoods for working with neat (pure) chemical warfare agents.
Biosafety Level-3 (BSL-3) and Level-2 (BSL-2) Laboratories
qh88’s highly specialized laboratories and equipment enhance the quality and value of our work for faster, more reliable results. qh88’s 22,000 square feet of BSL-3 laboratory and holding space boasts the largest private BSL-3 containment laboratory in the U.S. It includes 15 BSL-3 animal rooms and 24 BSL-3 wet labs for in vitro work, including an Aerosol Research and Component Assessment (ARCA) chamber, designed to expose complete biological identification systems to viable select agents. We also have 30 BSL-2 animal rooms and 17 BSL-2 labs. Both our BSL-3 and BSL-2 labs contain:
- Exposure suites with multiple Class III biological safety cabinets (BSCs)
- Multiple rooms are hardwired for telemetry and available for multi-study monitoring
- Bacteriology laboratories
- Dedicated fermentation laboratories
- Virology labs
- Dedicated tissue culture laboratories
- Aerosol testing and exposure laboratories